Freo one of the World's Greatest Places in 2022
Fremantle has been named one of the World's Greatest Places in 2022 by leading US news magazine TIME.The annual World's Greatest Places list which highlights 50 extraordinary travel destinations around the world.
To compile the list, TIME solicited nominations of places—including countries, regions, cities and towns—from its international network of correspondents and contributors, with an eye toward those offering new and exciting experiences.
The magazine describes Fremantle as bustling with food and drink openings, and highlights our reimaginedcity centre Walyalup Koort.
Acting Mayor Frank Mofflin said inclusion on the World's Greatest Places list was reminder of how important Fremantle is for tourism in Perth and WA.
“Fremantle has always been blessed to have popular attractions such as Fremantle Prison, Fremantle Markets, Fishing Boat Harbour, the famous Cappuccino Strip and the historic West End,” Cr Mofflin said.“But recently there have been so many other great places opening up in Freo, including the new FOMO precinct at Walyalup Koort and a whole range of exciting new bars, restaurants and hospitality venues.
It's not the first time a major international publication has rated Fremantle as one of the world's must-see destinations. In 2016, Freo was named as one of the world's top ten tourism cities by the influential international travel guide Lonely Planet.
The full TIME World's Greatest Places list was featured in the July 25, 2022 double issue of TIME.
See the full list here: World's Greatest Places 2022 | TIME
Shinta Mani Angkor and Bensley Collection Pool Villas Heritage Package
Explore the wonders of the ancient Angkor Complex with our Angkor Heritage Package which showcases the glorious temples of a by-gone era, including the famous Angkor Wat, the world's largest sacred building and an architectural masterpiece. Return from your daily adventures to the trendy Shinta Mani Angkor and Bensley Collection Pool Villas; a stunning Bill Bensley-designed resort with 115 rooms, suites and pool villas featuring whimsical and playful design features. Shinta Mani Angkor and Bensley Collection Pool Villas is located in the leafy French Quarter of the city between the Royal Gardens and the Old Market area, just footsteps from the river and 15 minutes from the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Temples of Angkor Wat.
Package price for two people: USD 1250.-
Please contact Shinta Mani Angkor and Bensley Collection Pool Villas on:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |Website: www.shintamani.com
Elite Havens Expands Portfolio as Travel Rebounds
Havens aren't places to shelter from the world. They're places to embrace it. For more than two decades, Elite Havens has offered discerning travellers a respite from routine life. As Asia's leading luxury villa management and marketing company, Elite Havens features a meticulously-curated portfolio of nearly 300 private sanctuaries, in Bali, Lombok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Sri Lanka, Japan, Nusa Lembongan, India and the Maldives. Feel cocooned in some of the most beautiful places in the world and let us wrap our services around you.
Elite Havens is part of Dusit Thani Public Company Limited (DTC). For more information, kindly visit www.elitehavens.com .
To cater to the global resurgence of travel demand, Asia's leader in high-end villa holiday experiences, Elite Havens, is excited to announce the addition of three outstanding new properties to join the almost 300 luxury havens already available across Asia's most desirable destinations.
Veyla Natai Residences - Phuket, Thailand
Hidden from the tourist glare, the quiet Natai Beach is a ten-kilometer stretch of pristine white sand, merely 25-minutes from Phuket Airport. Elite Havens currently offers 20 stunning private homes for rent in this magnificent location and is delighted to add four outstanding Veyla Sea Villas to this exclusive set.
Villa Nini Elly – Canggu, Bali
Villa Nini Elly, a stylish villa newly built in 2022 in the heart of Canggu, Bali, is the perfect holiday home for multi-generational families travelling with children and seniors. An oasis that guests wouldn't readily want to leave, Villa Nini Elly beckons guests with an infinity pool stretching out across the width of the villa.
And many more….
COCKTAILS WITH A CONSCIENCE AT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a sustainability leader that literally wrote the book on “greening” hotel operations in the early 1990s with its groundbreaking Green Partnership Guide. As a hospitality pioneer, Fairmont was the first luxury hotel brand with a comprehensive and global sustainability program and continues to lead the industry in advancing impactful sustainability policies throughout its operations globally.
Fairmont continues to set the industry standard in sustainable practices and incorporates a zero-waste approach brand wide, right down to cocktails served at its bars and lounges across the globe. Giving responsible imbibing a new meaning with signature sustainable cocktails, Fairmont seeks to harmonize with Mother Earth, utilizing locally sourced ingredients, conserving energy and minimizing waste.
For more on the brand's sustainability practices, please visit here.
The Songtsam Tibetan Art Museum Opened in Shangri-La in August 2022
Sharing the Essence of Tibetan Culture with Songtsam Guests
Songtsam Hotels, Resorts & Tours, an award-winning boutique luxury hotel chain in the Tibet and Yunnan Provinces of China, has recently announced the official opening in August of The Songtsam Tibetan Art Museum within the Songtsam Linka Retreat Shangri-La.
Mr. Baima Duoji, Founder and Chairman of Songtsam and former Tibetan Documentary filmmaker, is strongly committed to sharing the essence of Tibetan culture with the world, especially with guests who stay at the Songtsam properties. Baima has dedicated his life to educating others about the inspirational and life changing practices of Tibetan philosophy through experiencing the local culture first hand. Baima, who is passionate about art (and a collector himself) and the stories they tell, decided to establish The Songtsam Tibetan Art Museum, which will include his personal collection of antiquities. The unique Museum will be open to the public as well as Songtsam guests.
Songtsam Museum Shangri-La will undertake the responsibility of promoting the wisdom of the Buddha and the culture of the snowy land in its own way.
What's New in Australia: Experience the Arctic, photograph the Milky Way, and tuck into the best plant-based eats
From experiencing the Arctic Down Under to upping your photography game by capturing the stunning Milky Way, there's nothing like Australia and the upcoming month of August - September is filled with diverse experiences of art, culture, culinary delights, and thrilling adventures.
Upcoming Festivals & Events
Shinju Matsuri Festival (Broome, Western Australia): Shinju Matsuri celebrates the heritage and history of Broome via gourmet dining experiences by the region's top chefs, meaningful cultural tours, art exhibitions, and performances by talented local and visiting performing artists. From 20 August till 4 September.
- Explore New Experiences
- The Wildlife Stargazing Photography tour provides the opportunity to see the M33 Galaxy, Scorpius, and Sagittarius region of the Milky Way.
- Wildlife Stargazing Photography Tour (Coffin Bay, South Australia): The skies above stunning Coffin Bay National Park are classified as an excellent dark sky site. Take in the immense beauty of the Milky Way and observe nearby wildlife as you learn about star photography from Tour South’s professional photographer, before taking your very own images of the wondrous galaxies above.
- Taribelang Bunda Cultural Tours (Bundaberg, Queensland): Journey through the significant sights of the Taribelang people of Queensland’s Bundaberg region on the Southern Great Barrier Reef. On the half-day tours, taste local bush tucker, learn how traditional artefacts such as the Boomerang were used in daily life, and discover sites of significance that play an integral role in Taribelang history.
- Wonder Reef (The Gold Coast, Queensland): Home to hundreds of different marine life species, including lobsters, octopus, tropical fish, turtles, and giant groupers, Wonder Reef is a colourful visual spectacle where locals and tourists can dive to a depth of 30 metres – all within a 10-minute boat trip from the Gold Coast Seaway.
- Under the Surface (Gippsland, Victoria): Inspired by the story of the Gunaikurnai community, the experience exhibits stunning works of local and internationally renowned artists along the East Gippsland Rail Trail. Each artwork is a snap-worthy collision of colour focusing on flora, fauna, and the natural environment, designed to share the stories of the land you stand, walk, e-bike, scoot, or ride on.
- Earn Your Vino (Pemberton, Western Australia): Western Australia’s famed winemaking tour operator has announced a new luxurious immersive experience for travellers looking for a taste of indulgence. All-inclusive with accommodation and amenities provided, the bespoke itinerary packages take guests through Pemberton for truffle hunting, hikes through the Karri forests and conversations with winemakers.
- Hip New Places to Eat & Drink
- Filled with both sweet and savoury small bites, Leyla Bar’s menu is the perfect accompaniment to a spectacular city view.
- Leyla Bar (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory): Perched on the rooftop of the Burbury Hotel, Leyla Bar is set to provide some respite for those looking to warm up this season. Enjoy a crafty cocktail or indulge in a range of light snack-style meals and sweets while you soak up the coastal vibes and sweeping skyline views of the city, Canberra’s iconic Lake Burley Griffin, and beyond.
- Bridport Distilling Co. (Bridport, Tasmania): Experience a suite of spirits and liquors that blend the unique ingredients of north-east Tasmania to evoke the laidback life of Tasmania. Experience an authentically Tasmanian liquor tasting in the gorgeous surrounds of Bridport with scents of sea spray, wildflowers, lavender, and lemon myrtle.
- Wellness & Wine – A Vegan’s Long Lunch (McLaren Vale, South Australia): Wellness and wine come together in this 100% vegan-friendly food and wine experience. Take a private winery tour, followed by a hosted wine tasting featuring a selection of vegan-friendly wines, rounded off with a three-course vegan lunch inspired by regional plant-based and seasonal produce.
- Walter Cafe (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory): Overlooking the breath-taking Commonwealth Park, Walter Cafe offers a mouth-watering selection of modern Australian cuisine prepared with the highest quality seasonal ingredients meticulously sourced from Australian producers.
- Freyja (Melbourne/Naarm, Victoria): Collins Street in Melbourne welcomes Freyja, a new two-level restaurant offering a sophisticated ‘new Nordic’ approach to Australian dining, with Michelin-cred Chef Jae Bang at the helm. Through traditional methods such as pickling, curing, smoking and preserving, enjoy dishes with a focus on layering flavour profiles and showcasing native ingredients and local producers, from Tasmanian truffle to finger lime.
- Exciting New Stays
- A stay at Agatha provides guests with access to rolling hills, a sunken outdoor bath, peace, and serenity.
- Agatha (Paris Creek, South Australia): Agatha is an original Clipper caravan, refurbished with the glamour of the Art Deco period to provide a comfortable and luxurious stay in a private setting on a working farm, where guests can escape from life’s hustle and bustle to reconnect with the environment.
- Bina Maya Yallingup Escape (Yallingup, Western Australia): Bina Maya Yallingup Escape offers self-catering luxury with a difference. Surrounded by the native Australian bush, guests leave feeling relaxed and reconnected with nature after indulging in massages and facials, personalised yoga sessions, sound bowl massages, and breakfast delivered to the door.
Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm (Broome, Western Australia): Adding to its existing accommodation offering, 15 brand new glamping eco tents have been launched for Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm’s 2022 season, bringing a new level of eco-friendly luxury with private ensuites, air-conditioning, and king-sized beds.
- The Ark (Coolamon, New South Wales): Once standing as two Methodist churches, The Ark has transformed the site by combining both churches into an incredible boutique dwelling.
- With the original craftsmanship and wealth of stories held within the walls, The Ark oozes history and authenticity, allowing relaxation combined with organic beauty to shine through.
Unyoked – Olive (Winnaleah, Tasmania): Set over a rocky creek and through tall gum trees, Olive sits in a sunken valley, with volcanic red soil underfoot and bushland behind, providing a place of relaxation and respite for all who visit. Solar-powered and fitted with hot showers and a fire pit, Olive is the perfect non-camping, camping experience.
“For everyone who’s missed Australia, there’s no better time to awaken your sense of wonder and unlock your imagination by taking that trip to Australia now.” Brent Anderson, Regional General Manager, South & South East Asia (SSEA), Tourism Australia
For more information visit www.tourism.australia.com | www.facebook.com/seeaustralia